Friday, June 14, 2013

What's for dinner this week?

This week we have some super easy meals on the menu.  Hubby may be working away and because I'm not sure when I've made meals which are easy to switch from one day to the next. 

I still have all the ingredients but if he's away I generally eat pretty simple.  The beauty of the menu plan is I can still take what I need out of the freezer the morning of.

Thursday
Souvlaki and jacket potatoes
Woolworths have a really nice butterflied lamb souvlaki which is vac packed.  We pop it on the oven and we're done.

Friday
Chilli Lemongrass Chicken
Thanks to the fish oil our house smells a little like feet!  But this is sooo yum!  And the best part?  I only have to buy chicken thigh as we have the rest of the ingredients in our garden.

Saturday
Osso Bucco
Of course this is a Winter staple and hubby usually begs for the marrow from my serve.  Slow cooked and we add anchovies.  Yum!  Oh and don't forget the creamy mash.

Sunday
Creamy Chicken Bake
Look familiar?  Yep this is from last weeks plan.  I was a little lazy and substituted in last weeks menu.

Monday
Sticky Ribs with rice and bok choy
These are vac packed ribs from Coles, they were on special last week and I put them away for this week.  We already have left over bok choy so we're set.

Tuesday
Moroccan Lamb Shank & Lentil Soup
I've taken this from the latest issue of Super Food Ideas magazine and I just know hubby will love it.

Wednesday
Pumpkin soup served in bread bowls
This is a really simple and effective way to serve soup.  Get a nice dense roll from the bakery, hollow out the inside keeping the 'scraps' aside for croutons.  Place the bowls in the oven for a few minutes to crisp up.  Then you can add the soup to the toasted bowl, top with the croutons and serve.

If you'd like any of the above recipes please comment below and I'll be happy to type them up to share

xx Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment x