Thai Pumpkin Soup
I just googled for a recipe and thanks to allrecipes.com.au I found this...
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 10g butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 brown shallots, chopped
- 2 small fresh red Thai chilli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemongrass
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 4 cups peeled and diced pumpkin
- 1 cup fresh baby basil leaves
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes
Lemongrass is available fresh or already chopped in a jar. We are lucky enough that it grows in our herb patch along with the chilli's. The coconut milk added a yummy flavour. I'm not a fan of basil although we have copious amounts of both the regular and Thai basil, so I used the coriander we have growing.
I usually serve in bread bowls but I found some dinner rolls in the freezer and used those.
I also didn't use a blender, I just let it cook until it was super soft and used the potato masher instead..less washing up