Sunday, October 6, 2013

No-one said cake stands had to be just for cakes

I adore cake stands, in fact I'm a little addicted to them.  I actually don't want to count how many I have but I use them all.  For any occasion; for dessert buffets, morning tea's and for no particular reason but we have cake occasions.
 
But when is a cake stand not a cake stand?  When it becomes a display piece.
 
 
 
My favourite. This was part of a dessert buffet I did for my husbands Gran's 90th birthday. 
Her wedding photo. 
 
 
 
Sugar flowers from Gran's cake
 
 
 
I used them in a baby shower I threw for a friend
 
 
 
A little Christmas centrepiece
 
 
 
And of course, for food.
 
 
 photo f066a69c-69c1-4582-93c0-7505e7d2ebb3_zps0a980266.jpg

3 comments:

Thanks so much for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment x