Monday, February 6, 2012

Routine

Do you feel like time slips away ~ are facebook/pinterest/emails etc guilty of being a time thief? 
Some days I get to the end of the day and just don't feel a sense of achievement.  By that I don't necessarily mean a clean house but more what have I done with my girl. 

Yes we bake, we play ~ shops, hide and seek etc and we craft.  We also do Story Time at the library which we love but I feel like I should be doing more.  Believe me I have no intention of cutting her free play time, I feel it's such an important part of her childhood.  Where she learns to use her imagination, and find her own fun.  But I want to do some more structured play too.  Especially as she'll be heading to pre-primary next year. 

So to that end, I've created a new routine for us.  It includes everything I want to achieve in a day.  Cleaning (not so much fun but necessary), blog/facebook time (semi-necessary haha) and activities with Matilda (super necessary)

I've seen a few blogs who do this including Bizzy Dayz and that is education weeks.  We will choose one theme a week and I'll search pinterest etc for ideas relating to that theme.

Here is our routine.  Clearly I'm not a graphic designer and I don't even have access to Publisher but I'm hoping it will work for us.  It's not perfect and certainly not set it stone (other than work days) but I already feel more organised.  We're starting the activity side of it tomorrow with a friend coming over for a playdate.  The girls will play on Matilda's new activity/play set and when it's too hot we'll pop inside and do our craft.
 

Oh I've also decided to use a kitchen timer for my blog/facebook time.  I know all too easily how 'just a five minute check' turns into alot longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment x