Friday, April 6, 2012

Hubby's Birthday

Today is my crazy. annoying wonderful husbands 43rd birthday and last night I invited our family over for a birthday dinner and also a pre-Easter catch up.  We generally have an early catch up if family members are away at Easter or Christmas.  In this case it's his Mum who is heading to Bali for Easter.

So I cooked spaghetti bolognaise for 8 adults and 5 kids.  Now I'm not a fan of 'spag bol' because I just don't love the tomato-y flavour.  But I have found a really yummy recipe, we do omit the livers, actuallly I omit the chicken livers but if hubby is cooking he'll add them according to the recipe. 

We are lucky enough that our herb garden is going crazy so the bay leaves, thyme, oregano and parsley in the recipe garden were super fresh.

Here is the recipe; it's from the delightful Maggie Beer, we love watching old episodes of The Cook and the Chef.

Maggie Beer's Spaghetti Bolognaise (image from Maggie's recipe)



I also picked up a really yummy cake and we shared Easter eggs for desert.


Happy Birthday Habibi, we love you xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment x